Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Back to School

Yup, It's the start of another school term. I intend to be more positive with my students this term. Too often I find myself raising my voice or being sarcastic to them. Especially at the end of the day or if I am stressed. Two days down, 43 left till the end of term, and I am doing well so far :)

I must have had really fantastic teachers at school. I never recall any teacher raising their voice at me or my classes in general. OK, maybe one or two teachers ever, but certainly not most of them. Of course I was an uber-geek who would never get in trouble anyway.

I read a comment about myself on ratemyteacher. The person says, "her constant self-depracating comments I found difficult" or something to that effect. Now, I occasionally mention that I am heavy, or say "fat lady coming through" in the hallways, but it's always with a smile, and certainly not constant. What's up with that?

No comments: