Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Holidays and a random observation

It's nearly the end of term. Bring it on!! I'm looking forward to having a bit of a sleep in and reading some books. I can never stay awake long enough during the working week to read more than about three pages. I fall asleep really quickly - just ask Sam! Last Xmas Holiday I read 24 books during my time off.

What I will do with my holidays

Week 1: Choir School. It's kind of like band camp but not as dodgy, and no flutes are involved :) I'm one of the Matrons - camp mum in other words. Quite mad of me to volunteer to spend a week of my holiday with a bunch of pre-teens and teenagers, when that's what I do for a living anyway... and I miss four netball games, possibly finals :(

Week 2: Me time. And Sam is on shift, so we can spend a bit of time together. Awww :) I plan to start back with the swimming - it's been too darn cold to get up and go recently, but I can go a bit later in the day, cos it's holidays. If I'm going to help people train for a triathlon, I'd better get my style perfect first.

Observation

I realised the other day that I come across as really rude because I often interrupt people in the middle of conversations. But it's only because I often pick up on what they are saying and finish it in my head. And so I start talking. But the person talking hasn't actually finished what they are saying, and I look like I am butting in - if only people could talk faster than my brain spins...

No comments: